HomeSafe is a program designed to provide information for homeowners. In the HomeSafe class you will learn
- How to how to address maintenance and repair issues in your home
- How to prepare for updating your home
- How to keep your home safe from fire and theft
- How to maintain your finances as a homeowner
- How to make sure you and your home are adequately covered by insurance
- How to address landlord issues
- How to be and effective condominium owner.
This one-day Saturday class has the following benefits
- Discounts on homeowner insurance premiums*
- Fulfills Post Purchase education requirement for the One Mortgage.
- Gives you a forum to share experiences with other new homeowners.
- Free membership to Mass Energy Consumer’s Alliance (www.Massenergy.org)
- Course materials are included free.
This program is supported by Massachusetts Housing Partnership and in partnership with Fall River Public Library, City of New Bedford Office of Housing and Community Development, Plymouth Redevelopment Authority and HarborOne U. Participants receive a certificate as evidence of program completion. *Insurance carriers participating in the discount program are Arbella Mutual Insurance Company, Commerce Insurance Company, Hanover Insurance Company, Harleysville Worcester Insurance Company,Holyoke Mutual Insurance Company, Liberty Mutual, Metropolitan P &C, Norfolk & Dedham, Premier Insurance (Travelers), and Quincy Mutual Fire Insurance Co.